Power of Attorney & Court of Protection
Our experienced team deals with all aspects of making, registering and managing powers of attorney, and making applications to the Court of Protections.
We advise clients on a wide range of such matters including:
- General Powers of Attorney
- Lasting Powers of Attorney (LPAs) of which there are two types
- Property and Affairs LPAs, for dealing with financial matters, payment of bills, sale of property/investments to realise funds if necessary and re-investing to maximize assets
- Health and Welfare LPAs, to deal with matters such as where you live, moving into a care home, and refusal of medical treatment, should it be the case that you are unable to do so yourself
- Enduring Powers of Attorney (EPAs) – these are still valid if signed before October 2007, and we deal with registering them with the Office of the Public Guardian
- Court of Protection Deputyships – for situations where clients become mentally incapacitated and have not made an LPA or an EPA, to appoint a trusted family member or close friend, or professional to be a Deputy
Are any of these points a concern for you?
Call us today for expert support and advice