We aim to provide an excellent service. The solicitors and staff of NC Law Solicitors are always keen to ensure that you are happy and satisfied with the service which we have provided. However, we also appreciate that from time to time clients may feel grievance or wish to lodge a complaint. Accordingly we have set up an in-house complaints handling procedure which is to operate in such situations. The procedure is as follows:-
- A complaint should initially be raised with the fee earner involved, preferably in writing and setting out the nature of your complaint or grievance. The fee earner will record your complaint in a central register and acknowledge your complaint within seven days. The fee earner will then investigate your complaint and reply to it.
- If the initial reference to the fee earner does not resolve the complaint within 14 days then the problem should be referred to Simon O’Dowd who can be contacted on 020 8879 9400 via e-mail at email@example.com or by post to our office at: NC Law Solicitors, 384 Garratt Lane, London, SW18 4HP. In order to avoid any misunderstandings; we would prefer any formal complaint to be made in writing. Mr O’Dowd will then provide a final decision within 14 days.
If you are still not satisfied with the outcome, you can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
What do to if we cannot resolve your complaint
The Legal Ombudsman can help you if we are unable to resolve your complaint ourselves. They will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we handle your case.
Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:
- Within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint
- No more than six years from the date of act/omission; or
- No more than three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint.
If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman, please contact them.
Call: 0300 555 0333 between 9am to 5pm.
Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ